ShaftDesigner is a computer-aided engineering system that enables companies to optimize their marine propulsion designs and installations. Many propulsion engineering companies, shipyards, and Classification Societies worldwide use it.
The system helps understand and avoid potentially harmful shaft alignment and vibration issues by exploring alternative materials and geometries that can verify and optimize designs. It further helps personnel to quickly analyze and solve alignment and vibration issues for existing vessels during the maintenance and repair phases.
- Shaft Modeler creates the Base model once for all types of calculations.
- Drag-and-drop modeling including component library and history/undo feature.
- Shaft alignment calculations using a FEM model under all operating conditions of a vessel.
- Calculation of whirling/bending, axial and torsional vibration including ice impact feature.
- Torsional vibration calculations may be performed starting from entering the mass-elastic system.
- Classification society independent.
- Following of IACS standards and specific classification society rules and regulations.
- Customizable reports with export options and all required input to obtain classification society approval.
ShaftDesigner software enables the user to:
- Get quick, specific and accurate results while minimizing the chances of input errors.
- Prevent potential alignment problems and harmful vibrations in any propulsion design.
- Reduce the chance of shaft component malfunctioning and warranty claims.
- Optimize shaft propulsion designs and alignment/installation procedures.
- Save time while troubleshooting alignment and vibration problems on any vessel.